Friday, September 7, 2012

Kale is the New Black




Last night was Fashion Night Out & yet I found myself planted in front of the TV eating kale chips.  Considering that I work in retail and live & breathe fashion, it seemed a bit comical to me.  But, then I got to thinking… Kale really is the new black.  It seems to be popping up everywhere in local restaurants & I have been eating it every chance that I get! 

It is delicious in chip form.



Also, roasted as a side dish …




{1 bunch of kale (chopped) + 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil + Squeeze of lemon + ½ teaspoon red chili flakes}

OR

{1 bunch of kale (chopped) + 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil + Dash of Salt + 1 teaspoon Cumin}

*Bake at 300F for 10-12 minutes. 


I have even been eating it for breakfast!  Just put an egg on it…





Kale & Eggs
1 Serving

2 large handfuls of chopped kale
½ yam (sliced into ¼ inch coins)
1 shallot (sliced)
1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon paprika (smoked if you have it)
Dash of salt
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350F

Combine kale, yam, shallot, oil & spices.  
Spread evenly onto foil or parchment lined cookie sheet.   
Bake for 15 minutes.  Kale should be crispy, but not browned.
Prepare 1 egg over easy or poached.   
Serve kale & yam mixture in a bowl, top it off with your egg and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. just made the kale and eggs! <3 it and adrian does too

    ReplyDelete